Upgraded dining in Economy, more in-flight entertainment, and connectivity options, and enriched Premium offerings are among a comprehensive range of enhancements being rolled out by Air Canada starting this month with the aim of elevating the customer experience for passengers.
Among the enhancements, customers will see new and restored services in Air Canada Maple Leaf Lounges and in Premium cabins onboard, a new Economy Class dining service with a celebrity chef entree internationally plus new Bistro choices in North America.
And in a first for a Canadian airline, complimentary, high-speed Wi-Fi for Premium Rouge passengers.
Meanwhile, starting in 2023, Air Canada will increase its onboard entertainment content by over 25% and introduce Live TV, Bluetooth audio connectivity, and other new features.
“We are investing in all aspects of the journey to make travel even better for customers, including in our Economy and Premium cabins. Today’s announcements go beyond emerging from the pandemic; we’re proud to introduce many new services and options not available today in Canada,” says Air Canada VP Mark Nasr.
New offerings include:
In-Flight entertainment, connectivity
• Air Canada and Air Canada Rouge offer what is says will be the fastest inflight internet in Canada, with inflight Wi-Fi available across the entire Air Canada Rouge fleet of 39 aircraft, across all Air Canada wide-body aircraft and on nearly 90% of the overall Air Canada mainline fleet. Wi-Fi installation will be complete across the remainder of narrow-body aircraft in 2023.
• Effective Nov. 1, Air Canada becomes the first Canadian airline to begin offering complimentary high-speed Wi-Fi onboard. Customers flying in Premium Rouge will enjoy this benefit, giving them the ability to stream their own entertainment, TV shows and movies, listen to their own music or simply remain connected, replacing the previous tablets offered with pre-loaded in-flight entertainment choices. All Rouge customers can continue to access a large selection of complimentary movies and TV shows through the ‘Entertainment on Demand’ section of the onboard portal.
• Beginning 2023, Air Canada will expand its onboard entertainment content by more than 25%, and the airline will introduce new options including Live TV to enable customers to watch sports events and news live. Details for Live TV, as well as additional new features such as Bluetooth audio connectivity and an outside camera feature, will be unveiled soon.
International Economy class dining
Effective Nov. 1, Air Canada will be elevating its International Economy Class dining experience to reflect Canada’s culinary talent and tastes from its global network of destinations. Economy Class dining on all international flights departing Canada is being revamped to feature a hot entree created for Air Canada by renowned Montreal Chef Jérôme Ferrer, a member of Air Canada’s culinary panel. An additional appetizer reflecting destination cuisine is also being presented with all meals, and a separate dessert service will follow.North America Economy class dining
• To offer a broader range of fresh and healthy dining choices for Economy class on North America and Sun destination flights, starting Nov. 1, the Air Canada Bistro menu will be refreshed and expanded to include a brioche bagel smoked salmon sandwich, vegan options such as Farro Salad or Spiced chickpea wrap, Canadian snacks such as Good To Go Blondies and Nomz energy bites, in addition to popular choices such as Montreal smoke meat sandwiches and Air Canada’s fruit and cheese board.
Premium Cabin Services
• Starting Nov. 1, Air Canada is fully restoring its premium cabin services both pre-departure and in-flight, with the return of offers to hang coats and jackets, presentation of pre-departure beverages on international flights and hot towels prior to meal services.
Premium Cabin Amenities
• Air Canada will be introducing new amenity kits to premium cabin customers later in November. The new line of amenity kits and totes have been purposefully designed to significantly minimize single-use plastics including the elimination of plastic wrap.
• Air Canada Signature Class customers on all international flights will be presented with amenity kits in partnership with Acqua di Parma featuring stylish amenity bags containing Acqua di Parma luxury skincare products plus an oversized eye mask, socks, dental products and 3M earplugs for additional comfort and personal care.
• Customers in International Premium Economy and North America Signature Class overnight flights will receive reusable amenity totes containing an eye mask, socks and dental products providing for a more refreshed journey.
• Many Maple Leaf Lounges in North America now feature elevated food and beverage offerings. Air Canada works with local wine producers and importers to offer a selection that appeals to a wide, global audience, and varietal selections in each lounge will be expanded to six wines plus a bubbly and rosé (seasonally).
• At all hub airports, Air Canada has resumed its full buffet service, with an increased range of salads and the addition of international delectable dishes such as stir-fry and curries in a contemporary presentation. Montreal Maple Leaf Lounges also feature local favourites, including Montreal Fairmount bagels, Montreal’s famous smoked meat sandwiches, and poutine.
• New priority access lanes have been added to select Maple Leaf Lounges during peak times to offer Super Elite and Business Class customers priority entry.
• The Air Canada Café at Toronto Pearson now offers a selection of Ontario craft beers, ciders, wine, and hot appetizers such as empanadas, arancini and sliders, in addition to the current range of grab-and-go artisanal sandwiches, salads, cold-pressed fresh juices and specialty coffees.
• Starting this month, Air Canada Chauffeur Service will be introduced at Vancouver International Airport. Eligible connecting International Air Canada Signature Class customers arriving from within Canada will be met by a concierge before being whisked away on the tarmac in a plug-in hybrid or fully electric Porsche vehicle to the Air Canada Signature Suite. Chauffeur service offers an premium experience in Canada for international Signature Class customers connecting through Toronto Pearson and Vancouver International Airports.
First published at Travel Industry Today
First published at TravelNewsHub.com – Global Travel News