Ahead of its inaugural sailing on July 14, Disney Cruise Line took delivery of its newest ship, the Disney Wish, during a traditional maritime ceremony held last week in Bremerhaven, Germany.
The occasion was marked by numerous Meyer Weft and Disney Cruise Line executives coming together (photo) to witness the lowering of the Meyer Werft flag and raising of the Disney Cruise Line flag on the ship.
Delivery is the final milestone in the ship’s construction journey, which began more than two years ago at the shipyard in Germany.
Disney Cruise Line presented Meyer Weft with an elegant Cinderella statuette commemorating the beautiful life-sized bronze statue that welcomes guests in the ship’s Grand Hall.
Following the ceremony (on June 9), Captain Marco Nogara took the helm of the Disney Wish for the transatlantic voyage from Bremerhaven to her home in Port Canaveral, Florida.
The Disney Wish, the fifth ship in the Disney Cruise Line fleet, introduces a brand-new, distinctly Disney design concept. The motif of enchantment – found at the heart of so many Disney stories – is the architectural and thematic foundation of the ship’s design.
The ship features new spaces and experiences infused with Disney storytelling, bringing to life the fantastical worlds and beloved characters at the heart of Disney, Pixar, Marvel and Star Wars adventures.
The Disney Wish will sail its maiden voyage on July 14, followed by a season of three- and four-night cruises to Nassau, Bahamas, and Disney’s private island, Castaway Cay, from Port Canaveral, Fla.
• The ship will be filled with innovative new experiences steeped in Disney storytelling, including the first-ever Disney attraction at sea, immersive dining experiences themed to “Frozen” and Marvel, and a high-end lounge set in the Star Wars¬ galaxy.
• The signature stern sculpture features Rapunzel and her pal Pascal.
• One of the two iconic red funnels will house a first-of-its-kind, two-story suite. It’s nearly 190 sq. m. with incredible double-height ocean views.
• Artwork on the ship’s bow depicts Captain Minnie Mouse for the first time, solidifying her place at the forefront of the fleet’s future.
• Like all Disney Cruise Line ships, the exterior design of the Disney Wish is inspired by classic ocean liners and decked out in the emblematic colours of Mickey Mouse.
First published at Travel Industry Today
First published at TravelNewsHub.com – Global Travel News