Sandals Resorts International (SRI) has revealed details of the new-look Sandals Royal Bahamian resort in Nassau, scheduled to re-open on Jan. 27 after a multi-million-dollar transformation. From new rooms to a beach lounge area and private island hideaway, the re-imagined resort has been three years in the making.
Designed to celebrate the “easy-going spirit of The Bahamas” through locally inspired experiences and “a thoughtful, modern approach to luxury,” the expansive resort, spa and private island also reflects a larger strategy across the Sandals organization to authentically showcase the unique Caribbean destinations where its resorts operate, according to SRI Executive Chairman Adam Stewart.
The reimagined Sandals Royal Bahamian will feature:
• New suites & Island Village: Sandals Royal Bahamian has elevated its array of accommodation options with the addition of the brand’s iconic river suites in the freshly named East & West Bays, over 200 fully renovated rooms and suites, and the all-new Island Village. The new pastel-colored village was inspired by the Bahamian archipelago and features butler style villas each named after an island in The Bahamas with their own private pool.
• Coconut Grove: A new addition to the property is Coconut Grove, an expansive lounge area extending Bahamian beach vibes to the centre of the resort both day and night. Shaded by coconut palms, the new setting boasts chic seating options, live music & entertainment, unparalleled views of the sea and three all-new food trucks. All Sandals ‘firsts,’ guests can grab a sweet treat or coffee at Sweets n Tings, indulge in locally inspired Bahamian fusion cuisine and fresh seafood at Coco Queen, or opt for an Italian classic at Bahama Mamma Mia.
• Private Island hideaway: Deserted beaches and colourful coral reefs await at the resort’s secluded private island, Sandals Barefoot Cay. Couples can sail to the island hideaway and spend the day reconnecting on the quiet shores featuring a beach bar, whimsical seating, outdoor shower, and new restaurant, Aralia House, serving up fresh seafood from boat to table and authentic Caribbean delicacies.
• Early check-Ins and traditional evening ritual: For early arrivals, Sandals Royal Bahamian welcomes early check-ins with their new programming, The Breakaway. Upon arrival, a dedicated hostess will lead guests to the relaxation lounge with a signature cocktail in-hand to freshen up and head straight to the pool while taking care of the rest. At sunset, couples can participate in a traditional conch blowing ritual said to welcome love and good fortune. The ritual is accompanied by rake and scrape music and Bahamian cocktails with a sea breeze.
• New dining options: Sandals Royal Bahamian will introduce five new restaurants, including La Plume for French cuisine; traditional British Pub The Queen’s Pearl; Kanoo for cuisine that celebrates the Caribbean region, Butch’s Island Chop House for hand-cut steaks, fish fillets and seafood prepared to order, and fresh sushi spot Soy. In all, Sandals Royal Bahamian will have a total of 13 dining options.
“We’re dialing up the luxury and leaning into the easy-going spirit of The Bahamas…” says Stewart. “From an entirely new village of pastel-coloured private villas and Coconut Grove, our innovative new outdoor lounge and entertainment area to our offshore island that has been transformed to a romantic hideaway, every moment, every point of guest touch and experience embodies this beautiful destination.”
First published at Travel Industry Today
First published at TravelNewsHub.com – Global Travel News