The best thing about Travel Agent Appreciation Day (today, May 04) – besides the love and adulation – is the perks. From bonus loyalty points to extra commission, lots of suppliers aim to show their support for their retail partners, often extending rewards and incentives all month. Here are a few of the ones we’ve come across:
After so much adversity as in the past 25 months, there’s never been more reason to celebrate travel agents as there is today, says ACTA. The association is celebrating Travel Agent Day with a social media contest with prizes including two system-wide, Air Canada economy class tickets; a four-night stay at any Sandals/Beaches resort; one complimentary Independent Travel Agent Membership; One complimentary enrollment to Travel Agent Essentials Course; and one complimentary enrollment into an ACTA’s Certified Travel Counsellor (CTC) Course. To qualify agents must:
• Follow @ACTACanada and/or @ACTAQuebec
• ‘Like’ the Travel Agent Day post
• Tag a fellow Travel Agent in the comments (Every comment = 1 entry)
• Share this in your story. You MUST tag @actacanada/@actaquebec for 5 extra entries
Check out ACTA social media (Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn) or visit acta.ca/travelagentday for full details. The last day to enter the contest will be Wednesday, May 25th at 11:59 pm EST. The winner will be announced in ACTA’s member newsletter and on ACTA’s social feed on June 3.
Jamaica Tourist Board
The Jamaica Tourist Board (JTB) is thanking loyal travel advisors for all of their hard work with a coffee break this week. Starting at 12 p.m. EST on May 4, agents are invited to sign up for a “Coffee on Jamaica” card at the JTB’s Maple Leaf Room Page (https://www.visitjamaica.com/canada/engage/). The first 200 applicants will receive a $10 Tim Hortons e-card. Additionally, any Jamaica Travel Specialist member that logs Jamaica bookings between May 4 through 10 will earn an automatic additional 3,000 bonus points.
WestJet celebrates Travel Agent Appreciation Day with the month-long launch of its Travel Agent Appreciation Month Giveaway, which kicked off on May 2, 2022, featuring exclusive discount rates for travel agents and weekly prize packages to destinations in Europe, Mexico, the US and Canada.
With a total of eight prize packages up for grabs, travel agents are invited to enter for a chance to win an experience in a WestJet destination. Weekly prize packages vary, with opportunities to win round-trip flights, hotel accommodations and as an added bonus, Silver status with WestJet Rewards. Silver status includes first and second checked bags free, advanced seat selection, airport lounge access and more. The contest is open for entry until May 30, 2022. For more information visit https://www.westjettravelagents.com/thank-you.
In celebration of Travel Agent Day, Unique Vacations Canada Inc, representatives of Sandals Resorts and Beaches Resorts, has announced the following prizes, gifts, and incentives:
• Prize Trips to Sandals Royal Curaçao – A Canadian exclusive, advisors who register and attend an upcoming Masterclass online session throughout the entire month of May 2022 will have a chance to win a four-night, land-only stay at the brand-new Sandals Royal Curaçao (opening June 1). One prize trip will be awarded for each May Masterclass. Travel advisors can contact their local BDM to register.
• Red Lane Spa Credit – As a special gift to travel advisors during their next visit to a Sandals or Beaches resort, a one-time US$50 spa credit will be added to their booking. Travel advisors must contact their local BDM at least two weeks prior to travel in order to apply the spa credit and travel must be completed by Dec. 31, 2023.
• Additional Cash Incentive – For all new bookings of six nights or longer made with Unique Vacations Inc. between May 4 and 6, 2022 (for travel in 2023-24) travel advisors will be eligible to receive an additional cash incentive as follows: US$100 – Over-the-Water suites; US$75 – Butler suites; US$50 – Club Sandals/Concierge suites
In addition, Unique Vacations Canada Inc. has placed full-page newspaper ads in support and celebration of Canadian travel advisors in The Globe and Mail and Toronto Star on May 4, 2022.
AMR Collection’s “Amazing May” celebration rewards agents for their dedication to their portfolio with a variety of incentives that include a one million AMRewards points giveaway, reduced rates on points stays, special Master Agent rates, tour operator incentives, and upskilling sessions featuring newly opened resorts (webinars will take place May 5 and 26, details on AMRAgents.com). This year, perks include:
• One million AMRewards Points Giveaway: Travel agent partners can earn points at AMR Collection Amazing May Webinars, events, in-person meetings and visits, and through participating tour operators. Points can be used to redeem free stays, purchase resort amenities for themselves or to surprise their clients, or receive a cash bonus!
• Master Agent Rates: Travel agents can book stays at participating AMR Collection resorts with discounted Master Agent rates and reduced points stays for AMR Collection, with the ability to save up to 4,050 points per night on their AMRewards points bookings and up to 25% off Master Agent rate bookings.
• Additionally, participating agents can register all bookings accumulated through May in AMRewards for the opportunity to attend the 2022 Amazing Agents Celebration, which will be held Dec. 1 -4, 2022 at Dreams Macao Beach Punta Cana. To be considered for the event, all bookings from July 1, 2021, through July 11, 2022, for travel by Dec. 31, 2022, must be registered at AMRewards.com by July 11, 2022.
In honour of travel advisor appreciation month in May, agents will earn $50 toward Collette’s “Travel Advisor Appreciation Booking Incentive” program by securing two or more bookings for travel in 2022. The top three agents who secure the most bookings in May will also earn cash prizes: $1,000 for first place; $750 for second place; $500 for third place. All bookings must be for travel in 2022.
Also, Collette’s “Share Your Travel Moment” giveaway, which is open to all travel advisors, offers the chance to win a $1,000 travel voucher. To qualify, join Collette’s Travel Agent Network page on Facebook and post your favourite travel moment. And, Collette is offering 50% off advisory travel and 25% off companion travel. Bookings can be made beginning 180 days prior to departure.
Virgin Voyages, one of the newest ocean cruise lines to hit the high seas, is celebrating its “First Mate” travel advisors in a month-long show of appreciation.
Extended from one week in 2021 to an entire month for 2022, Virgin Voyages is offering weekly giveaways on SeaCiety, an exclusive online Facebook community for First Mates. Every week, agents will have the opportunity to enter to win VV swag with the winners announced each Thursday. To sign up to be a First Mate, which includes other perks, visit https://www.FirstMates.com
For the seventh year in a row Club Med is celebrating travel advisors throughout May with a host of gifts and free stays in its resorts. From May 4 through June 1, advisors are invited to participate every week in fun and exciting challenges on dedicated Facebook group for Canadian travel advisors, Club Med Samantha, Amazing you! The activities will be posted every Wednesday and agents will have until the following Tuesday to complete a mission that will take agents on a journey through the Club Med universe. Those participating in the challenge will have a chance to win weekly gift cards, Club Med goodies or free stays for two people. Every Wednesday, the winner from the previous week’s challenge will be announced.
In addition to the weekly challenge, a month-long challenge will also be announced, for which the winner will be rewarded with a Big Prize: Four nights for two people in the Exclusive Collection Space of the newest Québec Charlevoix resort with VIP experiences.
For one day only, travel agents can earn up to 10X Loyalty Rewards points on all bookings made online on May 4. Travel agents will earn 10X Loyalty Rewards points on cruises, hotel only, additional land components, car rentals, Sunquest packages, and TravelGenie packages booked online with a minimum value of $100. The offer is also applicable to Exotik Journeys products booked by phone. Travel agents will also earn 5X Loyalty Rewards points on eligible flight-only products entitled to 100 Loyalty Rewards points booked online. To make eligible bookings, visit www.travelbrandsagent.com.
First published at Travel Industry Today
First published at TravelNewsHub.com – Global Travel News